Thursday, April 28, 2016

A World we dare to imagine Part 3

As you all got to know me through the semester, I'm really passionate about sports. One thing that strikes me is the story behind some of the success in every athlete. "Open" is Andre Agassi's autobiography, and one of my favorite books. There he mentions his foundation, Andre Agassi Foundation for Education, which he created in the middle of his career.

Later in his life after he dropped out of school while in Florida to pursue his tennis career, he realized the importance of education, and how important it is if you're not to become a tennis champion. What I love about this organization is the great opportunity it provided to kids who would have never had the chance to go to college and how quickly they reached their goals.

I believe Anima Mundi should invest in this organization as in the past they proved to be successful and achieved high college acceptance rates in districts where it was really low. I really believe education is a powerful tool to succeed in life. As their vision states: "We believe every child has the right to thrive."

No comments:

Post a Comment